Thursday, September 15, 2005

The President's Speech.

First let me say that I loved the light blue effect. (that is the decorater in me, sorry)

I can never be objective with Bush. I think he is a great leader and an honest man. So I will let a commenter at Polipundit say what he thought:

WHAT A SPEECH!

I know we’re all Americans, and this is an American challenge, not a black/white one, but permit me this one thought:

Conservative blacks like me are at a time in history unlike any in history: after 50+ years of “Uncle Tom” this and “Sellout” that, we’ll FINALLY get to see what a conservative vision of lifting our people out of poverty can do . . . on a scale too wide to be ignored WHEN it’s successful. Imagine if we’d had 40 years of this type of approach to the Great Society!

A good chunk of the 29% in poverty in New Orleans will finally have a shot, with a hand up, not a hand out. The government won’t give you $5000, but you’ll get $5000 to train for a job. They won’t give you a house, but you’ll get a piece of land to put a house on. Even if you are unskilled, if you can do any physical labor, there’ll probably be a job nearby.

I know it’s idealism at it’s corps, but the possibilities for our future are endless.

For those who look at this as a wealth transfer . . . you’re right. But at least there’s an element of capitalism and accountability attached, which has been missing.

SO, what will the libs and race warlords do to derail this one? Should be fun to watch . . .

. . . especially if Janice Rodgers Brown is testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee at the same time!