Sunday, September 11, 2005

The People of the sky.


The Cross-9/11 by Ray Tapajna


Of all the images of the horror of that day, the ones that haunt me the most are the ones of the people that jumped from the WTC buildings. I try to imagine what must have been going through their minds. The pain of the fire and heat that was so great that jumping into the sky was their only alternative.

Did they close their eyes and pray? Did they see their whole life flash in front of them? Did they cry? Did they wonder what had happened? Did the falling seem like slow motion to them?

Did they scream?

It is the people of the sky I think of when others say this war on terror is not worth fighting. It is the people of the sky I think of when I hear of a brave soldier dying fighting those monsters who have no conscience.

It is the people of the sky I think of when I think of 9-11.