Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ahmadinejad...Nut

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, The President of Iran is speaking before the U.N. right now. He is a complete religious nut. Now, I don't say that lightly since I have been called a religious nut myself, but for the President of a country to get up in front of a non-religious entity (especially the U.N.) and not be a preacher, priest, rabbi, or other faith cleric and drone on and on about who Allah blesses and who Allah doesn't bless and speak his entire religious philosophy is beyond the ridiculous.

It would be amusing if he weren't so dangerous.

Remember this is the man who said there were no gay people in Iran. Which may have been technically true since he has a tendency to hang those who he believes is gay.

But I digress. Only one thing struck me when listening to IranianNutCase also know as the President of Iran. When he spoke of Iraq and the U.S.A's involvement there, he spoke the exact words that I hear from my friends on the left. I don't mean he referred to it the same way, I mean he used the exact words. It was all about the American people being lied to and not finding WMD's. He might have even said illegal war. We will have to find the transcript. He went on for a good five minutes in which if I had closed my eyes I would have thought it was someone from Kos or Huffington Post speaking or maybe a Democrat Congressman.

I'm not going to speak to that. I'm just putting it out there for thought.

One more thing. Did you know that Ahmadineja had a blog? I kid you not. He hasn't updated it since December, but here it is. Scroll down to the fourth post where he writes to an American mother who apparently secretly wrote to him about her son in Iraq. Again, you might think Huffington Post.