Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hillary's name will be placed in nomination

Read the "unity" statement here. But we all know this isn't about unity. It's about Hillary. I can promise you that Obama did not want to do this, but to risk protests from women would look so bad and hurt him among white women voters. Hillary wants to make sure that she is treated like the queen Democrat she is. Only then will she turn over her delegates. They will try to make it out like that was always going to happen, but it's not so.

As one commenter (in red) at Talkleft pointed out:

"How gracious to comply with precedent and rules.

But compare this in the Atlantic article"

They heard back immediately: the Obama campaign had always been open to having her name placed in nomination alongside his.

"to this from the AP"

"I'm letting our respective teams work out details," he said. Asked if that meant he wouldn't object to her name being placed in nomination and a vote taken, Obama said: "I didn't say that. I said that they're working it out."

"They tried to intimidate her and her supporters and now that it didn't work, they're shrugging and looking at their nails as if that was what they always wanted to happen."

Have you heard about the PUMA group? It stands for "Party Unity My A**." They are still hoping against hope for a Hillary delegate win. I think Obama is doing everything possible to avoid any animosity during the convention, but I'm thinking there will be fun. Maybe not on camera. But behind the scenes or hidden from us. This may be the first Democratic convention for me to watch in decades.

Meanwhile Nancy Pelosi isn't making this better:

"I think Hillary Clinton has been very gracious," Pelosi said on KGO radio. "I think some of her supporters have been less than gracious."