Monday, January 12, 2009

War,hate, and innocents

I facebooked a Palestinian woman the other day to ask her about the claim that Hamas uses women and children as human shields, and schools and Mosques to store weapons. I fully expected, if not a full denial, a explanation of sorts.

I got none.

What I got was a rehash of all the ills the Israel's have bestowed upon the Palestinians. In her world using innocents is an acceptable means of dealing with the situation.

I followed 2 people from Gaza on twitter. Never in my entire life, including my time growing up during the civil rights movement, have I ever experienced such a pure hatred for a people of another race or religion. Never have I experienced such name calling filth, as I read the tweets of these two Palestinians towards Jews and Israel. I was trying to get the other side of the story. I was trying to understand their view. But their view is pure unadulterated hate, and they will gladly inform you of that. All means justify the end of Israel. This is why they elected Hamas.

And if you don't believe these three people, then check out the video at HotAir of a Hamas Politician in Feb. of 2008. His words:

[The enemies of Allah] do not know that the Palestinian people has developed its [methods] of death and death-seeking. For the Palestinian people, death has become an industry, at which women excel, and so do all the people living on this land. The elderly excel at this, and so do the mujahideen and the children. This is why they have formed human shields of the women, the children, the elderly, and the mujahideen, in order to challenge the Zionist bombing machine. It is as if they were saying to the Zionist enemy: “We desire death like you desire life.”

This is what we call in America......insanity. Let's just say it. It is INSANE to look at death this way. These monsters have managed to somehow brainwash a culture into believing this horrid nonsense. They don't even pretend civility.

I've tried to understand the Palestinian plight. I know these people suffer. Their suffering must stop and it must begin with Hamas no longer existing to fan the flames of hate.

Hamas hides behind women and children. Hamas stores weapons and rockets where innocents are. Israel bombs where the weapons are, where Hamas is, and kills innocent people. The Palestinian's rage grows.

It's all so wrong.

We have to admit one thing though about Israel. We would never do what they are doing. We would not target schools and Mosques as long as we knew innocent people would be there. That is not right either.