Monday, November 01, 2004

The Middle East Media Research Institute reports the following:

The U.S. media in general mistranslated the words “ay wilaya” (which means “each U.S. state")(2) to mean a “country” or “nation” other than the U.S., while in fact the threat was directed specifically at each individual U.S. state. This suggests some knowledge by bin Laden of the U.S. electoral college system. In a section of his speech in which he harshly criticized George W. Bush, bin Laden stated: “Any U.S. state that does not toy with our security automatically guarantees its own security.” via Protein Wisdom

I did wonder what exactly Bin Laden meant when he said our security was in our own hands. This would explain much. This also should be BIG NEWS. Please let me know if you hear it on any MSM outlet.

I have noticed in my short time blogging that to many this seems like just a game. They make sophmoric references to who wins this election like it's a football game and you are for your team because it is where you went to school and nothing else matters. This isn't a game. This is serious life stuff. When this is over, I will blog about the many many reasons I voted for Bush other than the war. They are reasons that most of my conservative bloggers will disagree with me on. Which goes to show how Bush was able to unite those with different beliefs together for a common cause.

I think about when Clinton won both times. I was 9 months pregnant both times and both times I cried on my bed all day. But this is the thing. Life didn't change for me personally. In all the areas that people argue over , financial, taxes, healthcare, and even social issues, nothing changed much FOR ME. I had little ones and whether Bush Sr was President or Clinton was President, my life went on in a great way because I live my life based on my faith and my values and that has always served me well. I loved my family, I nutured my little ones , and did what I could for others, and life flowed along. So why was I so upset with Clinton, and why will I be upset with Kerry if he wins? Well it doesn't have anything to do with the effect it will have on MY life (unless of course we are attacked again) Although this time around it does seem to have more effect on my children's life now that my oldest are teenagers. My reasons for caring and voting are based on what I feel for others. For what I feel for my country, my culture, and mostly for what I feel for the children of this nation that don't have someone who loves and nurtures them. That is basically what drives me. I have never believed that a government program can give them what they need. I have seen personally that it cannot. But later, when this whole thing (election) is over I will explain why I vote Republican and why it is so important, not for me personally, but for the children who have no voice.