Wednesday, November 03, 2004

First the good, then the bad.

Giving credit where credit is due. Kerry didn't have to concede so quickly. With the news outlets refusing to give Bush Ohio even with Bush some 130,000 votes ahead, Kerry could hardly be expected to concede at that moment. But when it became clear that Kerry could not overcome the numbers he conceded.
His was a gracious and sweet concession speech. Kerry, the person was never what I had a problem with. Although claiming to be a Catholic but going directly against the Church's teachings is wrong and that did bother me alot. I didn't even care about the Vietnam thing, although I understood why others did.
There are dozens of issues from abortion to the role of the UN to stem cell research to social security that I care deeply about and I disagreed on each and every one with Kerry. But I would take a Kerry over a Clinton (both of them) anytime.

Edwards concession speech was hateful and wrong. Especially the line about how to explain why to a mother who lost a son "over there." The reason is simple pretty boy, freedom. But it is a slap in the face of every parent who has lost someone in this war to imply that there is no reason.
His whole speech ticked me off. Republicans care just as much as democrats about healthcare, social security, the poor, and minorities. We just see a different and better way of solving these problems.

I have to admit that I enjoy knowing that Michael Moore and the entire country of France is having a bad day today. Heh.

We won. Today Rocks. Let us get on to the business of the people.

LET FREEDOM RING.