Monday, March 13, 2006

Bush approval rating hits new low

From USA Today:

President Bush's "approval rating" has sunk to a new low according to a USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup poll released Monday.

The latest results show only 36% of those polled saying they "approve" of the way Bush is handling his job. Bush's previous low was 37%, set last November.

Luckily, another poll said that President Bush's approval rating was at, oh, 65%, that sounds good. I dunno, sounds good to me. Nothing like some pretty useless numbers.

Now, if the President's approval numbers where incredibly high, do you think I'd care? Nope. I don't live by a poll. I don't live my life by what people who hate my guts think. I never will.

This will get a lot of play from - amazingly - the people who just can't stand President Bush. Keep on, people, keep on telling us about the crappy poll numbers. Hide behind the numbers.

You know how he could improve the numbers? By abandoning his beliefs, and pandering to the people who keep losing elections, defying the will of the majority. That's how you run your administration by the poll. That's why we don't care much for people who always ask other people what to do.

I keep having fun with my whole "blog-warming" line, but that's really what I'm doing. I'm making sure that I just keep things going, as you're all here for what RWS thinks; she's the leader. Considering how hard it is to get all the pink out of here, you think you'd respect her more if she started agreeing with all of you? How would that look?

Person A: I think that's dumb
RWS: I agree
Person B: I think it's great
RWS: I agree
Person A: Wait, you said you agreed with me
RWS: I did
Person A: But, then you said you agreed with him
RWS: I did
Person B: So which one is it?
RWS: I agree with you all
Person C: You didn't agree with me
RWS: Oh, sorry
RWS: I agree with you too
Person C: Gee thanks!
Person C: Rightwingsparkle is the awesomist!
RWS: Vote for me!

Okay, that's just silly. Or is it?

John doesn't run MacStansbury.org by listening to polls