Thursday, August 25, 2005

Move America forward

MoveAmericaForward.org is an organization that is countering Cindy Sheehan's protest movement. I saw an ad on TV today asking for people to join them in a caravan to Crawford Texas this weekend. The ad included a mother who had also lost a son in Iraq.

From my previous posts, you know that I don't like this. I don't like pitting one grieving mother against another. The whole thing is distasteful to me. But I certainly can't blame those in MoveAmericaForward for what they are doing. They can't very well just let Cindy say things that they, as grieving parents, don't agree with. They feel that Cindy Sheehan's words are hurting our troops and our country.

That is why I was pleading with Cindy and her supporters to go home. This will just be painful and not necessary. We all know that there are two sides to this issue. We all know what those sides believe. It is really necessary to make a spectacle out of grief????

No, it isn't.