Monday, August 22, 2005

More incredible reporting from Michael Yon.


If you have been reading the incredible blog of Michael Yon in Iraq, Lone Star Times has this horrifying post of his from yesterday:

"The operation has begun. The Commander of Deuce Four, LTC Erik Kurilla, was shot three times in combat yesterday in front of my eyes. Despite being seriously wounded, LTC Kurilla immediately rejoined the intense and close-quarter fight that ended in hand-to-hand combat. LTC Kurilla continued to direct his men until a medic gave him morphine and the men took him away. I was right there. When I returned to base, I was actually "ordered" not to write about the fighting until given clearance, and was told that my phones could be confiscated. I will ignore such "orders" at my own discretion. I am preparing a dispatch now."

Kurilla is a well known soldier in Michael's blog. His bravery is well documented.

Say a prayer for him today if you can.