Monday, April 18, 2005

Sometimes others say it so much better. Pat Sajak (of wheel of Fortune fame) pretty much nails it with the futility of arguing with liberals (which I seem to do quite a bit here.) Here is an excerpt. Read the whole thing. It's great. h/t BigDog

"Recently, for example, I was discussing the United Sates Supreme Court with on of my many Liberal friends out in Los Angeles when she said, without any discernable embarrassment, that Justice Anton Scalia was “worse than Hitler”. Realizing she wasn’t alive during World War II and perhaps she may have been absent on those days when her schoolmates were studying Nazism, I reminded her of some of Hitler’s more egregious crimes against humanity, suggesting she may have overstated the case. She had not; Scalia was worse. As I often did when my parents threatened to send me to my room, I let the conversation die."