Tuesday, November 30, 2004

I suppose you saw the NBA's Piston/Pacers brawl on TV, since they showed the clip every five minutes! I happen to come across this quote from columnist Clarence Page.

" the jaw-dropping footage has aired over and over again like an ad for some sort of a "Negroes Gone Wild" video."

Yow! Only a liberal black journalist could get away with saying that. Yet, ironically in the same column Page sneers at Rush Limbaugh for saying this (among other things):

"This is the hip-hop culture on parade. This is gang behavior on parade minus the guns. That's the culture that the NBA has become."

I guess Page has a "your a liberal black, you can say anything" card.

I found the column interesting because all I could think of during the brawl was how stupid everyone involved in it was. The basketball players for losing it and the fans for throwing beer on someone who could probably snap their neck in a matter of seconds. The color of the idiots never occurred to me. I blogged on the incident earlier and felt that sports itself, from little league to the big leagues was out of control. It all starts with the parents. Just like everything else. I just found this take on color a little strange.