Monday, October 25, 2004

This weekend I had to get 2 teens ready for homecoming. I had one football banquet and a baseball game. And then on Sunday I volunteered at the Church fall festival. In addition I was forced to watch "Shark Tale." Am I the only one who noticed the subtle cross dressing reference? I mean come on! A dad shark doesn't like his son because he doesn't want to kill and he likes to "dress like a dolphin." Oh well, the kids laughed alot and thats what is important. I am an unusual woman who doesn't like movies, TV ( have never watched Oprah or soaps ) or shopping. ( I firmly believe that online shopping is God's personal gift to me ) I cannot sit still long enough for TV. The only reason I can blog is because my computer is in my kitchen so I can get all my domestic stuff done as well.
Ok, back to politics.
Captain's Quarters has excerpt from Arthur Chrenkoff's column:

"There are two Iraqs.
The one we more often get to see and read about is a dangerous place, full of exploding cars, kidnapped foreigners and deadly ambushes. The reconstruction is proceeding at a snail's pace, frustration boils over and tensions - political, ethnic, religious - crackle in the air like static electricity before a storm.
The other Iraq is a once prosperous and promising country of twenty-four million people, slowly recovering from physical and moral devastation of totalitarian rule. It's a country whose people are slowly beginning to stand on their own feet, grasp the opportunities undreamed of only two years ago, and dream of catching up on three decades of lost time."

The MSM and the left like to focus on the first Iraq. But we like to take comfort in the 2nd Iraq. Despite our disagreements about why we went into Iraq, I think all of us, left or right, hope that the 2nd Iraq becomes the democracy that we dream of.

Going into the home stretch it looks like Bush is a nose ahead. "PLEASE GOD PLEASE !!!" Oh.....sorry, got caught up in the moment.
We can only hope that Teresa will once again say something stupid or Kerry will decide to do another "I look like a regular guy, don't I?" appearance. By the way, who was that guy with Kerry on his hunting trip? A Goose caddy?
Well guys I will try to blog more later today after catching up on life as one who has no "real job." Who knew there was so much to do with my chosen not real job????


Funny Quote of the day:
I don't have an attitude problem......jerk.