Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Worst Torture Technique

The release of the CIA memos regarding harsh interrogation techniques issued by the Justice Department in the days following 9/11, have brought out the leftist outrage again on torture.

I get the arguments over torture, I really do. But I have to ask this question. Where is the outrage from the left over the greatest torture method of all, blowing off someone's head?

Pres. Obama authorized our Navy Seals to do just that when pirates took an American Captain hostage. He did that to save the Captain's life. So can someone tell me the difference when our government is trying to save the lives of many when using harsh interrogation techniques?

Isn't more humane to waterboard someone and then let them live than to blow their heads off?

Dead is forever after all.

I'm just asking the question

Christopher Buckley, who is clearly trying to get his conservative street creds back, says this:

It is, yes, good that we're not torturing anymore, but let's not get sanctimonious about how awful it was watching 3,000 Americans die at the hands of fanatics who would happily detonate a nuclear bomb. And let us m ove on. There is pressing business. (Are you listening, ACLU? Hel-lo?)

I'm not justifying torture here. Let's just say that's above my pay grade. But the left is never equal in their outrage, are they?