Saturday, April 25, 2009

Journey of Hope (Bumped)

You guys know that I don't have a paypal button and I never have fundraisers for the writing I do here. But every once in a while I have a charity or a need that I encourage you guys to give to if you can. This is one of those charities.

This is a gifted and wonderful young man named Matt Proctor. He attends Texas A&M University and his fraternity, Pi Kappa Phi sends selected young men on "The Journey of Hope" benefiting "Operation Push," a charity where ALL proceeds go to help people with disabilities. It is a three team, 80 man bike ride from San Francisco across the entire country, ending in Washington D.C. in mid-August. Almost every day the team stop in a new town and visits centers and events for people with disabilities to mentor and spend time with those with disabilities. They bring awareness to each community in what the community can do to include and help those dealing with a disability.

Read Matt's own words here. Donate here. It's tax deductible and an accredited charity.

It would mean a lot to me if you could give what you can.