Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Jesse Jackson made a boo boo. A big boo boo.

Remember when J.C. Watts said at the last RNC that "character is what you do when no one is looking." Well, Jesse Jackson let us see a bit of his character when he thought no one was listening.

The Rev. Jesse Jackson apologized Wednesday for saying Obama is “talking down to black people” during what he thought was a private conversation with a FOX News reporter Sunday.
Jackson also made an off-hand comment about cutting off a part of Obama’s anatomy.


Watching the CNN apology that Jackson immediately gave, I searched and searched for what he actually said because Wolf Blitzer said it was too crude to repeat on TV. I thought..."What?????" I mean, what's too crude anymore?? Then I read the above that he obviously said Obama needed his ***** cut off.

Good grief. I almost feel sorry for Jackson. I mean, he did have a point about Obama talking down to black people (although Obama talks down to everyone, not just black people), but to insert such crude language is just weird.

Update: I don't know why I didn't think to look to Drudge. Of course he would have it. Jesse said (referring to Obama) that he "wants to cut his n**s out.

UpdateII: Jesse Jackson's son seems to love Obama... a great deal. Enough to slap his own Dad around:

"Revered Jackson is my dad and I'll always love him. He should know how hard that I've worked for the last year and a half as a national co-chair of Barack Obama's presidential campaign. So, I thoroughly reject and repudiate his ugly rhetoric. He should keep hope alive and any personal attacks and insults to himself."

Yeah, Dad!

Just another day in Democratic politics.