Friday, June 06, 2008

The Meeting

FirstRead:

From NBC's Ken StricklandSen. Dianne Feinstein, a long-time Hillary Clinton supporter, told reporters today that she got the call from Clinton late yesterday afternoon asking to use her home for a meeting with Obama. Feinstein said she's offered up her house in previous conversations after Tuesday's final primaries.

"They just want an opportunity to meet together alone," she told reporters. The meeting started about 9:00 pm ET.

"I received them. Put them in the living room, two comfortable chairs facing one another and left." No staff, no security, just water for candidates. One person from each campaign sat in Feinstein's study. "They talked. I went upstairs and did my work."

About an hour later... "They called me when it was over. I came down and I said, 'Good night everybody. I hope you had a good meeting.' They were laughing, and that was it."

The California senator refused to give any other details about the conversation. "They got along very well," she said.

She added later that one of her lamps was missing though.

;-)