Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I met McCain tonight!

I think anyone who reads this blog regularly knows how EXCITED I am that I finally met our next President.

After all I started with my first "McCain for President" post back in July of 2006. But let me get to it.

I volunteered for a fundraiser for McCain tonight at the home of Mike Bonini and Meg Goodman who live in River Oaks.

Yeah. Nice. Real nice.

The estate was spectacular. It was Spanish design with lights, greenery, and fountains everywhere. The art and decor were beautiful. They had glass garage doors that you walked past to the back yard. Inside were at least 6 sweet rides. ( I don't know cars, so I can't tell you what kind). Some were vintage and it looked like a showcase room, not a garage.

Rich people are a lot nicer than you might imagine...;-) Robert Mosbacher, the National Campaign Chairman and all around Houston big wig was all smiles all the time and perfectly sweet. Paul Bettencourt, our "tax collector" was a doll as well.

Before I got my picture taken with Senator McCain, I watched him greet everyone. (I think there were about 200 people there, although I'm not sure) The most amazing thing that struck me was this energy that he exudes. It's incredible. You would think he would be tired, but he was charming and upbeat. You get a sense that he absolutely loves meeting people. He has bright eyes that...well, they twinkle.

I got thrown from a horse when I was 19 and my back aches now when I stand for any length of time. Can you imagine how McCain feels after what his body has been through? I just find it stunning that he shows no signs of what he went through as a POW. He walked out to the reception area tent with a healthy stride and no hint of any ache or pain. He gave a nice speech with jokes and thanks to everyone. I don't think the "age"factor is going to matter. I wish I had his energy.

I'll post the official picture I got taken with Senator McCain when I get it. Also I got a few shots of this place I will post tomorrow.