Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Beginning of the End?

Robert Novack says that the Obama camp is letting it be known that if he is President he will appoint John Edwards as Attorney General.

This is an obvious play for Edwards support when Edwards finally drops out, and who can blame Obama there? It's an appalling thought, Edwards as Attorney General, but that isn't what struck me. It will be interesting to see if what I hope happens, happens. And that is that the Democratic party start to turn against Hillary and Bill.

Caroline Kennedy writing today in the NYT "A President Like My Father," in support of Barack Obama is astounding to me. Could this be the beginning of the end of Hillary? Is that possible?

There is a fork in the road here for the Democratic party. They can go the way of the old school corrupt bickering hateful candidate, or the refreshing inspiring history changing candidate. The latter, if chosen, will at least gain back some respect from me and many others for the Democratic party. The former will sadly not surprise me.

Is it possible to finally elevate the running of President? Can we argue the ideas and ideals instead of the personal attacks and distortions of records? With Hillary that will never happen. But with Obama, it just might.

I've never been afraid of our ideas and beliefs not winning. I've never been afraid of a honest debate. How long has it been since we had one of those in Presidential politics? Too long.

It's time.

via Powerline

Update: Ted Kennedy endorses Obama. Can you imagine what Hillary is doing tonight behind closed doors? Screaming, I suspect.

Udate 2: Hillary says I have a Kenndy of my own, so there.