Saturday, October 06, 2007

Open Letter to All Democrats.

What the heck is wrong with you? I don't get it. Maybe someone on your side can explain it to me. By all indications you guys have decided that Hillary is your candidate. Why? Why? Why?

I don't agree with your issues, but let me see if I've got them right. You are totally against this war. You think it we were misled and it is wrong and unethical to continue it and continue losing our young soldiers in a war that makes no sense.

How am I doing? Am I about right there? This seems to be your number one issue. Yet, you continue to support Hillary, who voted for this war. Who will not say that it was a mistake to do so and has admitted that she will withdraw troops only in a timely manner.

Obama, on the other hand, has said he was against the war from the start and promises to bring the troops home immediately.

Hillary is a political machine. Wired into Washington. She reeks of big money donors. Obama promises to bring an outsider perspective. His issues are your issues. He is young, smart, charsmatic with a devoted wife and two young daughters. He doesn't have the hint of scandal. If scandal had a smell, you could sniff Hillary coming from about 3 miles away.

Yet, she is 21 freakin' points ahead of Obama.

Again I ask, why?

Obama is an inspiring speaker. He can get a room rockin with his fiery speech. Hillary is as dull as a doorknob in speeches.

You want universal healthcare? Obama does too. Hillary failed last time she tried it.

How did they both vote in the Senate? About the same. Both Obama and Clinton voted against confirming Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito. Both voted against an amendment to this year’s Senate immigration bill that would have denied legal status to those who had entered the United States illegally.

So ideologically, you are dealing with the same vision here. But on one hand you have Hillary who is divisive and polarizing. On the other hand you have Obama who brings charisma and a new way forward. He is devoid of the hyper-partisanship that Hillary brings.

Yet, you still support Hillary over him.

This isn't about who I think can win the general election. Since it seems Republicans can't even begin to decide who we want for our nominee, I can't really say whether I think our guy can beat Hillary or Obama.

But this is what I know. The Democratic party deserves a better representative than Hillary Clinton. If Republicans were to lose, I want to lose to someone who I can at least have respect for.

You can honestly tell me that this woman, this brittle, manipulating, power hungry narcissist is what you want for your party????

For once in my life I would like the Democratic party to surprise me. Nominate someone who is at least a decent person.

Can you do that?