Thursday, August 17, 2006

Interesting and Disturbing

Vital Perspective has this:

"Police in Tehran have begun dismantling satellite dishes from the city's rooftops - part of a campaign to prevent Iranians from watching Western television. The move follows a recent police order that all satellite dishes - officially banned but tolerated until now - be removed. The campaign against satellite television was launched by the Minister for Culture and Islamic Orientation, Hassan Saffar Harandi, who said "we have to halt the West's cultural offensive," on Iran.

Some observers believe that the clampdown is aimed at keeping the government's control over news regarding Iran's dispute with the international community regarding its nuclear program."

I keep getting this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach when I think of the President of Iran. I keep telling myself that nothing bad will happen. But I can't shake this feeling.

via Powerline