Monday, July 10, 2006

Professors gone bonkers cont.......

The formerly employed at the University of Arizona's Dr. Frisch saga with Jeff at PW continues. I don't see how you could have missed it. It was everywhere! I won't link her site, but she has e-mails from Fox News for an interview which she accepts and then declines. (One commenter says "Don't do it, Fox News is the enemy" ) She also asks Jeff to remove a link to her picture that one of his commenters linked to and he did so (although he was under no obligation to do so) and what does she do to repay him? She posts a picture of him calling him "Count C*ckcular." The maturity level here is amazing. She says she has resigned and that she won't be posting on this for a month (yeah right)

I got an e-mail today from a former commenter apologizing profusely for her rude comments several months ago. I thought at the time that it might be a professor. I'm wondering if this whole drama made her rethink what she had written, if you know what I mean. I would never go to the trouble of trying to get anyone fired (unless they referred to my kids as Debbie Frisch did with Jeff) but I do hope that this episode reminds us all that our words could come back to haunt us no matter how anonymous we think we are on the net. Civil debate is what I have always wanted for this site. It's the only way mature people can view other's opinions.