Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Question for Cindy Sheehan.

Smash gets a bit rough.

I have to say that I winced at the question. No matter what someone does to seemingly deserve it, I don't see the purpose in being cruel. One can argue that Cindy brings this on herself, and it is true that as long as she puts herself out there as she does, she has to expect this kind of questioning.

I don't like someone beating up on a mother who has lost her son. But there are many who feel that she is beating up on mothers who have lost their sons and daughters in this war by implying that they died for nothing. That is cruel as well.

Smash fought in this war, so he has right to say what he feels as Cindy does. I can understand his anger at this woman. But, as the saying goes, two wrongs don't make a right. Let's lay off Cindy. Let her go through her grieving process. We don't score any points this way.