Thursday, March 02, 2006

Katrina is not over yet.

All I have been hearing on the news today is how President Bush said "No one could have anticipated the breach of the levees." And then clip showing someone advising Bush that the levees might overflow. (this is mentioned in the story below)

Will this part of the story get as much attention?:

"In the hectic, confused hours after Hurricane Katrina lashed the Gulf Coast, Louisiana's governor hesitantly but mistakenly assured the Bush administration that New Orleans' protective levees were intact, according to new video obtained by The Associated Press showing briefings that day with federal officials."

I don't mean to harp on the media this week, it just seems all these stories keep coming up. First of all overflow of the leeves is MUCH different than a breach. Second of all I would think that if I were President and the Governor assured me that there was no breach and she was there and the leader in charge, I would trust her too.

That has always been Bush's problem. Everytime he trusts a Democrat, it backfires on him.

I keep hearing that Bush wasn't engaged, didn't care about the people in New Orleans. Then when video surfaces that shows Bush was asking the right questions they say he knew but didn't do enough. You can't have it both ways guys.

I want a full investigation. I want to know the timeline of when people knew, what they said and how it all happened. I am tired of the hype and the spin. If we don't get this whole thing out in the open fully then Democrats will use this forever against Republicans. Truth be damned.

Update: The Captain fully explains this media hack job.