Monday, October 03, 2005

John Hawkins isn't the only one who has a favorites list.

Here is John over at Rightwingnews:

"It has been a little more than 3 months since the last time I ranked my favorite 40 blogs, so I thought it was about time to do it again, for the last time in 2005.

Do keep in mind that as the quarter has progressed, some blogs have of course moved up and others have dropped, based on how often I visit them, how much I like what I see when I get there, how often the blogs are updated, etc., etc. As per usual, do keep in mind that these sort of lists changes frequently over time based on a variety of factors. So if your blog didn't get included, it's no big deal -- it could be on the list next time."

'As per usual,' could he be any more arrogant? I mean really. Everyone who reads my blog knows that I never criticize other blogs, but I just have to make an exception here. I didn't really know enough about RWN to form an opinion until one the Cotillion girls, Ilyka decided to quit blogging as a chick and come back as man (cyber speaking) and she thought John had shown a lot of bias in not linking more women bloggers. His recent list of 40 looks like it has only about two chicks, so I'm thinking maybe she was right. But I kinda think that it's really about sucking up to John. When I posted on Ilyka when she quit blogging as a chick, Hawkins quoted me out of context and when I e-mailed him about it, he just brushed me off and didn't correct himself. Does that sound familiar????

Anyway, I certaintly don't care what an ego driven blogger thinks. But I thought I might give you my favorite blogs. Since I think my opinion counts just about as much as John's does.

I don't have the time I use to read all the blogs I like everyday, but the following I hardly ever miss. I notice that a few of mine are not on John's list. Not because they aren't fantastic, because clearly they are, but because he got in some little tiff with them at some point and that was that.

For intelligent news commentary and up to minute stuff it doesn't get any better than Little Green Footballs, Powerline, and Wizbang.

For everything I said above PLUS naughty hilarious fun, it doesn't get any better than Protein Wisdom.

Beautiful Atrocities is also one of the funniest blogs out there, but he seems to have gotten a life.

If one wasn't married and the other wasn't gay, I might be cyber stalking them both. That is how great they write.

Another funny guy with great commentary is the one I probably link the most...Ace of SpadesHQ

Garfield Ridge is pretty funny too.

I LOVE in your face conservative women and no one does that better than My Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and Darleen's place and Knowledge is Power. (SondaK is naughty hilarious as well)

For intelligent thoughtful conservative babe commentary I just love Reasoned Audacity.

The girl who reminds me most of myself is NotADesperateHousewife.

The Poliburo Dikit is where I go when I want to argue with a RINO, there and The World Wide Rant.

And the premier milblog out there is Mudville.