Sunday, October 02, 2005





I stumbled onto this blog, tower of the sun, and found a post where the guy had contacted the Principal of his son's school and the school district, upset over a "religious" flyer sent home from school. He explains that when the Principal called him back:

"The Principle also offered to make sure that both of our sons do not receive any religious materials in the future. We explained that this option was nothing more than an "opt out" policy and that was not sufficient. It is not just about our child, it is about a breech of rights of all students."

Here (scroll down to 2nd post) he is explaining his position to criticism that he is anti-religious. He says,"You make it sound like I am anti-religion. Far from it. I am anti- forced religion."

What is this horrid "forcing of religion" on this child ?? What sort of sneaky claw of evangelist propaganda was FORCED? (Well, it was actually just put with a bunch of of take home flyers like all schools shove in our kid's folder every week) I'm betting the kid would never have even seen it if his parents hadn't pointed it out. I know my kids never look at them. But that isn't the point! Of course! It is the fact that they were practically making this kid do an alter call! A forced Baptism was just a matter of time.

But anyway, the flyer that was obviously demanding this kid's soul is the one you see above. That's right. The cute orange flyer for a "pumpkin festival." With proceeds to the poor and all that. Truly awful stuff. The kid will be damaged for life. He will question all his parent's beliefs (or non-beliefs)

*sigh*

The only religion I see endorsed here is maybe Charlie Brown's "The Great Pumpkin" faith. What a joke all this is. I feel sorry for the teachers, Principals, and school districts that have to put up with this crap from nutty parents like this. The flyer doesn't even mention GOD, for God's sake!

If a flyer came home from my son's school with a fun run for a Synagogue, I certainly wouldn't care. I get flyers all the time that are promoting "humanist" values. You don't see me running crying to the Principal.

It's just stupid. Poor kid. Now he will probably get all kind of grief.