Monday, June 06, 2005

Dude.

No Pot for you.

Jeff at Protein Wisdom makes the point for state rights and has every link you could want except maybe where to score. But I am sure he could get that for you. When it comes to drug policy I depend on Jeff for all my information. He is a been there done that kinda guy..;-)

I thought I might expand on this post a bit. You might be surprised to learn that I am not against the legalization of marijuana. I am not for it either. I just haven't been convinced either way. I don't see the harm of patients experiencing nausea using it with doctor's care though and the Supreme Court ruling doesn't seem right to me.

I have never smoked pot. But when I was in theatre for many years I was around many who did of course. I would much rather be around someone high than someone drunk. I really don't see much of a difference in drinking and smoking even morally, except for the legal aspect of it. Many say it is a gateway drug, but I have found that if one wants to numb the pain they are going to go far to do that whether it be drugs or drinking. Those who just wish to relax, do just that. It is quite easy to distinguish between the two.

So I am ready to be convinced either way. What do ya'll think?

Update: Here is an excellent analysis of the Supreme Court case from GMU Law professor David Bernstein. His focus is on the rule of law and the federal government's role.

I realize I am mixing issues here but comment as you like.