Thursday, February 17, 2005

I just watched the Conservative Political Action committee conference on C-Span. You know, I love my party, but a more geeky looking bunch cannot be found. Maybe there is a link between geeky looks and intelligence, I don't know. But smart wins out over looks to me any day anyway.

The one thing Dick Cheney said that brought groans was that there are more people working on filing and working on tax returns than there is in the American military. (At least I think that is what he said) And it is no wonder that brought groans. Good God, that is mind boggling.

The speeches were good and spelled out what the future of our party faces and how much we have won and how far we have to go.

On a side note, I noticed that all the black people in the room were either at the table to speak or in the audience. The serving staff was made up of what seemed to be Hispanics and some of Indian origin. I didn't see one black waiter.


Guess that blows Dean's theory, huh?