Thursday, November 18, 2004

My dog dug up and chewed up my phone cable out back (so my DSL was out as well) So I have been unable to get on the internet.
Did you miss me??.... Huh?..... Did ya?...;-)
On the good side I got tons done, including some Christmas shopping. On the bad side I experienced I.W. (Internet Withdrawal) which included the cramping of fingers from not typing and extreme stress brought on by not being able to rant.

Did I miss all the jokes about the Clinton Library looking like the biggest mobile home ever? Because that was my very first thought when I saw it.

I tend to avoid all things Clinton. I can't bear to hear him speak, so all I did was read the excerpt from his interview with Peter Jennings. Here are some thoughts:

Clinton on Iraq: "I did believe that the administration made a mistake going to war when they did, and that's what alienated the world. Most Americans still haven't focused on this."

I wonder if the rest of the world has focused on the fact that WE WERE RIGHT. Not only finding weapons strewn thoughout Iraq, the plans to renew the nuclear weapons program, and the mass graves of women and children, but now we know the corrupt collaboration the U.N. had in the food for oil program scamming all of us, but especially the Iraqi people. And now we know how Saddam paid the families of suicide bombers. With food for oil money. A scandal of historic and world wide proportions. Keep in mind this would still be going on if not for the U.S. invading Iraq.

Clinton has just a tad more to say about Iraq: "You know, I don't follow it on a day-to-day basis. I'm not there. I'm concerned about it."

Alrighty then....

Clinton on how the heart surgery changed his life: "You know, I find birds that I used to know, I'm more alive to just the pace of daily life than I used to be, and I'm very grateful for things that are easy to take for granted."

Why do I get the feeling they changed the word "birds" from "chicks?"

Clinton on Bush as a politician: "It's like saying to the moderates, the swing voters, I will give you everything Bill Clinton did with a smaller government and a bigger tax cut.Wouldn't you like that? You get the same results with lower taxes. I mean, he's very good."

Everything except an affair with a 22 yr old white house intern, lying to the wife, and the nation. Also, no being disbarred, no being held in contempt, no $90,000 fine, and...oh yeah... no impeachment. Everything but that.

Just one more quote from Clinton : "And still, [there's] not any example of where I ever disgraced this country publicly."

See above.