Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Pope Meets Pelosi

Pelosi put out this nauseating press release:

It is with great joy that my husband, Paul, and I met with His Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI, today. In our conversation, I had the opportunity to praise the Church’s leadership in fighting poverty, hunger, and global warming, as well as the Holy Father’s dedication to religious freedom and his upcoming trip and message to Israel. I was proud to show His Holiness a photograph of my family’s papal visit in the 1950s, as well as a recent picture of our children and grandchildren.

She just forgot to mention the most important thing.....what the Pope said to her. It doesn't surprise me since he reminded her of her of the dignity of human life and our dedication to it as Catholics (which she has no clue about I might add):

Following the General Audience, the Holy Father briefly greeted Mrs. Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, together with her entourage. His Holiness took the opportunity to speak of the requirements of the natural moral law and the Church’s consistent teaching on the dignity of human life from conception until natural death, which enjoin all Catholics, and especially legislators, jurists, and those responsible for the common good of society, to work in cooperation with all men and women of good will in creating a just system of laws capable of protecting human life at all stages of development.

I wonder how she took that since her entire career has been about creating a system of laws the DON'T protect human life.

Good for the Pope. I didn't expect any less from him.