Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Slow blogging

My son had surgery yesterday to repair an eardrum eroded from chronic ear infections. This is why I haven't been blogging as much. I didn't want to mention it before. I have a phobia of hospitals. When I gave birth to all four of my children I was out of the hospital in less than 24 hours with them all. I wanted to get the hell out of dodge, so to speak.

I don't know where this phobia comes from except maybe that I dislocated my hip when I was four and again when I was five. I guess a lot of pain is associated with all that. I had to wear a body brace for a few weeks. I was supposed to wear it much longer than that, but I heard the Doctor tell my parents that I would probably never be able to run. So the next day, when no one was around, I took off the body brace and I got up and walked outside. My mother found me there. She was very upset naturally. But I wasn't going to put that brace back on. No way. No how. I didn't. And I am glad to say that I ran track in high school in addition to cheering and playing basketball (I do walk funny though. Ask anyone. Pigeon toed and all).

So maybe that's where it comes from. But anyway, I just couldn't talk about it beforehand here. I tend to clam up when stressed. But he is fine and everything went well.

When I take care of someone it gives me time to think. Really think. I got a good one brewing up in here. Come by later.