Saturday, August 23, 2008

McCain, I have a great idea!

Only my generation and older remembers Joe Biden's exit from the 1988 Presidential race after it was exposed that he plagiarized then British Labour leader Neil Kinnock in a speech.

Here are the speeches compared.

Which brings to mind Obama taking of quotes from Deval Patrick, Governor of Massachusetts.

Via Politico:Here are the You Tube videos:

Deval Patrick 6/3/06
"I am not asking anybody to take a chance on me. I'm asking you to take a chance on your own aspirations."

Barack Obama 11/2/07
I'm not just asking you to take a chance on me. I'm also asking you to take a chance on your own aspirations."

Obama's famous Just words" speech was also taken from Mr. Patrick:

“Don’t tell me words don’t matter,” he said in his remarks. “ ‘I have a dream.’ Just words? ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal.’ Just words? ‘We have nothing to fear but fear itself.’ Just words? Just speeches?”

I say McCain put together Obama and Patrick saying the same thing, side by side and then Biden saying the same thing with Kinnock side by side and say at the end "They don't have original speeches or original ideas."