Friday, June 13, 2008

What is up with the Che Guevara/Obama connection with lefties?


ELYRIA, Ohio (AP) — A judge in Ohio says the state's method of putting prisoners to death is unconstitutional because two of three drugs used in the lethal injection process can cause pain.

I mean, they do get that Che Guevara was an anti-capitalism Marxist revolutionary, right? Is that how they see Obama?

Just to give you a sense of Che, here he writes to his family on his way to Guatemala in 1953:

"Along the way, I had the opportunity to pass through the dominions of the United Fruit, convincing me once again of just how terrible these capitalist octopuses are. I have sworn before a picture of the old and mourned comrade Stalin that I won’t rest until I see these capitalist octopuses annihilated. In Guatemala, I will perfect myself and achieve what I need to be an authentic revolutionary."

Oh, and since this Che loving judge is so concerned with the pain that convicted murderers go through, maybe he would like to comment on notes Che wrote in his travel diaries:

"I, the eclectic dissector of doctrines and psychoanalyst of dogmas, howling like one possessed, will assault the barricades or trenches, will bathe my weapon in blood and, mad with fury, will slit the throat of any enemy who falls into my hands."

I'm thinking that slitting of throat is pretty painful. But you can always go the quick route like Che did here:

He was not afraid to take responsibility for enforcing harsh discipline. Within a few days of the campaign the rebels seized a traitor, the first of the war to be executed. In what was a "closely guarded secret for 40 years" Che’s private diaries reveal that, "the situation was uncomfortable for the people and for E, so I ended the problem giving him a shot with a .32 pistol in the right side of the brain…"

It's very telling who our heros are, don't you think?

h/t BigDog