Thursday, March 20, 2008

Random stuff

I am very busy working and I am away for Easter weekend. Expect light blogging. Here are odds and ends to tide you folks over. Sparkle may be back before I am.

Micheal Yon has a new website. Hackers were apparently attacking the old one.

Sands of Passion is a satirical soap opera set in the Mideast. Its worth a repost. Don't worry, the rest of National Banana's material is equally brutal towards others.

Sands of Passion 1
Sands of Passion 2
Sands of Passion 3
Sands of Passion 4
Sands of Passion 5
Sands of Passion 6
Sands of Passion 7
Sands of Passion 8
Sands of Passion 9

I am eagerly awaiting the next season.

Random Quotes:

"Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. In area after area - crime, education, housing, race relations - the situation has gotten worse after the bright new theories were put into operation. The amazing thing is that this history of failure and disaster has neither discouraged the social engineers nor discredited them. " - Thomas Sowell

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution or that have failed their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is 'needed'' before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents 'interests', I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can." - Barry Goldwater, the greatest president America never had.

"The U.S. Constitution is less than a quarter the length of the owner's manual for a 1998 Toyota Camry, and yet it has managed to keep 300 million of the world's most unruly, passionate and energetic people safe, prosperous and free." - P. J. O'Rourke