Monday, August 13, 2007

From the mouths of babes (warriors actually)

This is just the dang truth:

Those who know me well, know that I am very concerned about the level of civic discourse in the United States about the war. Our leaders in Congress, and the commentators and talking heads that appear in the media, too often present choices that are at one extreme or the other, failing to realize that most Americans know that the reality is somewhere in between. Yet, our leaders continue to offer us nothing more than all in or all out as the options, and fail to appreciate that as Americans we can not only understand that the situation here in Iraq is far more complicated than those choices allow, but also that so many want a serious assessment of what is really happening here.--Assad Baghdad

This warrior's blog is one of those hidden gems I find sometimes surfing. Read through it. It's great.


via Mudville (the absolute best military source of news on the net)

Note: I know, I know. I keep saying I'm coming back soon and then I post something like I am really back now. But I really want to get to the point where I can give this blog some attention before I "spread the word" to everyone. I have a really good controversial post in my head for the first post back for good. Stay tuned.