Sunday, September 10, 2006

2,996




2,996 is a tribute to the victims of 9/11.On September 11, 2006, 2,996 volunteer bloggers will join together for a tribute to the victims of 9/11.Each person will pay tribute to a single victim.We will honor them by remembering their lives,and not by remembering their murderers.

I pay tribute today to Peter Craig Alderman

25, of New York, N.Y.

At World Trade Center

I scrolled through the comments on another tribute site on Peter and this comment struck me:

"hi. if a family member or colse friend of peter's reads this... you don't know me but i fell as though i know you. last year when i heard about the plains i thought of 'all those people'. now ifind myself thinking about peter or about niuika or ted.you see i'm in 8th grade & yesterday name of 'victims' were put on our lockers.the name peter c. alderman was on the locker next to mine. it caught my eye when i saw the age. going down the hall i realized that the names on the lockers weren't just names there were lives. i wish i could go to your house and tell you in person how much i hurt for your family & friends peter i can't but i can pray. God bless."-Katie Myers

Katie must be close to 18 today. I hope she still remembers Peter and I hope she still remembers how she hurt for him that day when she realized he was more than just a name.
I hope she remembers what our country went through.

God bless Peter and his family.

*Since I wrote this on Saturday I have been reading through the other tributes and it struck me how much Peter missed because of his youth. He never got to watch a beautiful bride in a flowing white dress come down the aisle toward him. He never held his firstborn child and experienced a love like no other. He never got to throw a ball with his boy or see his little girl in a ballet.

So much taken away.