Tuesday, August 08, 2006

You know it's bad....

when a well known liberal and former counsel to President Clinton Lanny Davis discusses with concern the hate filled left. Here he is on the anti-war lefties running the Ned Lamont campaign:


"My brief and unhappy experience with the hate and vitriol of bloggers on the liberal side of the aisle comes from the last several months I spent campaigning for a longtime friend, Joe Lieberman.

This kind of scary hatred,"

More:

"A friend of mine just returned from Connecticut, where he had spoken on several occasions on behalf of Joe Lieberman. He happens to be a liberal antiwar Democrat, just as I am. He is also a lawyer. He told me that within a day of a Lamont event--where he asked the candidate some critical questions--some of his clients were blitzed with emails attacking him and threatening boycotts of their products if they did not drop him as their attorney. He has actually decided not to return to Connecticut for the primary today; he is fearful for his physical safety."

His safety.

If Lamont wins it will be a win for the worst of the Democratic party.

via Powerline

Update: I wanted to add something Michelle quoted of Mark Levin that I think perfectly illustrates a point I was trying to make in the comments:

"And while Davis correctly condemns the poison flowing from his own side, this is a serious problem for the Left, not the Right. Our nuts are on the fringes; his nuts run the DNC, their PACs, and their think-tanks."

I could not have said it better.