Friday, June 24, 2005

Here’s this week’s Gravitational Pull-Up over at UPC:
At what age do you think you’ll retire at, and where do you plan to retire to?


My husband I have saved 20% of his salary since we both were working at 22 yrs old. It wasn't easy in the early years. I stayed on a tight budget. Hard work, no debt, and savings brings rewards. Good investments brought us even more savings. (one reason I feel so strongly about private accounts in Social Security) I would say now that 50 yrs old could be possible.

I want a beach house in Mexico. The homes there are actually leased through the government and a very nice beach home can be had for around $100,000, much less than the value of the home we live in now. I figure my kids will live in Texas, which is a short plane ride to the Mexican Riviera. I figure they and my grandkids will visit often, don't cha think?

And please no one give me that rich Republican crap. I was a poor Republican for a long time. And believe me when I say I help this economy along as much as I can now....;-)