Monday, May 30, 2005

Yesterday we had a thunderstorm go over. I had some family visiting and we were standing in the front hallway and my son was about to leave and had his hand on the doorknob. The lightning and thunder were fierce and I was worried about him leaving. Suddenly lightning struck my house. It hit somewhere close to where we were because it went through the doorknob and shocked my son. (he was fine) The thunder was so loud it made our ears ring and my burglar alarm went off.

My son ran up the stairs and I knew he was thinking of his prized possession, the computer he built from scratch.

Long story short. It blew out two of my 34 inch TV's, a DVD player, a phone and my wireless modem. Thank God it didn't blow our three computers. So... today we bought 2 new TV's. A good excuse to get flat screen HD TVs anyway.

Good thing there were Memorial Day sales.

I am using an old modem now which seems to only let one of our computers online. I hope to get it fixed before I leave on Wednesday. I will be traveling for a few days but hope to keep blogging from where I am.

I hope everyone had a lovely Memorial Day weekend.