Thursday, March 17, 2005

In debating ANWR Wednesday Barbara Boxer held up a picture of a polar bear and said:

"To me, this is a God-given environment. With all the talk about faith-based politics, if you do believe, as I do, that these are gifts, then we have to be careful in what we are doing here today...If you believe this is God-given land, let's protect it. At the end of the day, that is our job." via Ankle Biting Pundits

Pardon me while I puke.

Drilling in the small part of the ANWR that they wish to poses NO danger to the animals whatsoever. Boxer is a piece of work. Protect a bear from nothing, but do nothing to protect an unborn child. (no I don't want to get started on that again, but that is just the way I see it)

It just never ends. They oppose the death penalty and will let Scott Peterson appeal for 20 yrs, but an innocent woman (Teri Shavio) starving to death is just fine.