Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Well, this is scary. Diggers Realm with a hat tip to HyScience says the border patrol found "a jacket with a patch depicting a plane flying towards a skyscraper with the words "Midnight Mission" and an arabic patch was found along the Texas-Mexico border back in December. Just more evidence of OTM's (Other Than Mexicans) crossing our southern border at will."

Read the WND article on it here. (Digger and WND have pics)

Since I live not too far from the Mexican border and in the same city as the Senior Bush, this makes me a tad bit nervous. I am for the guest worker program for reasons I have stated here earlier, but we do really need to get more serious about our border control here in the south.



The Washington Post.com has this: h/t Diggers Realm

"BAGHDAD, Iraq - Iraq's interior minister said Monday that insurgents used a handicapped child as one of the suicide bombers who launched attacks on election day.
Falah al-Naqib told reporters in Baghdad that 38 attacks were carried out on polling stations in Iraq on Sunday and that one of the suicide bombings was carried out by a disabled child."


The article went on to say:

"..... police at the scene of one the Baghdad blasts said the bomber appeared to have Down's Syndrome."


Yesterday I was in the car with my 16 yr old daughter and when I told her about that story on the radio, I thought I might have to pull over to calm her down. She has been aware of the beheadings and the bombings, but to her, using a child was just horror beyond what she could imagine. She said "Mom, we have to kill these people, we have too!! They are monsters. They are not human." I told her Bush was doing the best he could to get them. She said, "Thank God he won the election, no one seems to understand the evil we are dealing with here. Mom, this is Hilter like isn't it?" I told her, yes it was, but we have thrown around the term "Hilter" so much in this country that it has come to mean nothing but a biting insult. It is time for us to realize that these guys are worse than Hitler like. They hate and want to destroy, not just certain groups of people, but ALL those who disagree.

Then today I find out that the child they used was a Down Syndrome child. I am afraid to even tell my daughter. It would upset her for days. We have worked with down sydrome children, and sweeter souls on this earth you just cannot find. They are loving and trusting. Using that innocence to talk a child into this kind of horror and destruction is the worst kind of EVIL.

We keep using that word, but what other word can we use to describe this???? If there were a worse description I would use it. Good God! People can moan and groan about this war and about the future of the middle east, but I think it is painfully clear that these terrorists must be sent to their death no matter what it takes. (And what a surprise awaits them there)

You can say Iraq wasn't the way to go, fine. But these guys were there in the middle east, and it is clear they are in Iraq now. I don't care which country we had to go to get these guys, this is the most necessary thing we will do in this generation. And if we have to go into Syria or othere places then we will! Let me be the first to say it! We cannot let these mutants hide! That is IT! I am sick of whining. THEY USED AN INNOCENT MENTALLY DISABLED CHILD. It doesn't get ANY worse than that. I say we do whatever it takes, go wherever we have to.

And whether you were appalled or not about what Ann Coulter said about converting those in the middle east to Christianity, you might want to think about the fact that we don't teach in our faith to kill and mutilate! And it is a freely chosen faith. It cannot be forced on anyone by it's very nature.

There seems to be a great spiritual need in the middle east and we have just let Islam grow like a quick growing vine. I say Ann is right. A little missionary work wouldn't hurt. Any religion would be better than this. It doesn't even have to be Christianity. Spread Buddhism! At least one of peace!

I am so angry about this child I can hardly type.