Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Slate magazine dispels the myth that Bush's tax cuts benefit only the wealthy:
"If you and your spouse have a taxable income of $60,000 a year, you've had almost a 24 percent income tax cut since President Bush took office. (And ditto if your income was just $20,000.) Meanwhile, the folks who make $350,000 a year got a cut of only about 12.5 percent; those who make $1 million a year got an even smaller cut.
Pre-Bush, the $1 million a year couple paid 33 times as much as the $60,000 couple; today they pay more than 38 times as much.
Here's the big picture:

Overall, the biggest percentage cuts went to the poorest of the poor (those with incomes in the $10,000 range) and the next biggest to those making about $60,000. After that, with some minor dips up and down, the relative size of your tax cut falls off as your income rises."
The article goes on to take into account capital tax gains, earned income tax credit ect.. The fact remains the same. The rich pay more, alot more.

Teresa Heinz Kerry on Laura Bush in USA Today:
"Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good. But I don't know that she's ever had a real job - I mean, since she's been grown up."

Since she's been grownup???? What kind of snobby elite answer is that?

"Oh, those little people....I forget about their little jobs....James! Bring the car around, I feel a headache coming on."

Oh.. but there was a quick apology:
"I had forgotten that Mrs. Bush had worked as a school teacher and librarian, and there couldn't be a more important job than teaching our children. As someone who has been both a full time mom and full time in workforce, I know we all have valuable experiences that shape who we are. I appreciate and honor Mrs. Bush's service to the country as First Lady, and am sincerely sorry I had not remembered her important work in the past."

There just couldn't be a more important job!!.... Really? You think? ....Puke.

I Wonder who wrote the apology. h/t Wizbang.

The muzzle goes back on, I'm sure.

I heard on Fox News today that Kerry had 10,000, yes I said 10,000 lawyers on hold at all the battleground states. Is there any doubt that even if Bush wins litigation will follow? If there is one place the democrats have learned they usually win it's with the court and liberal judges who love to be 'historic" and ignore the will of the people.

Jewish voters taking a closer look at Bush. Al Gore won 79% of the Jewish vote in 2000, but the president's firm support for Israel and his aggressive response to the Sept. 11 attacks — and concerns about the Democratic commitment to these causes — have earned Bush a second look from some Jewish voters.

But Kerry wants them too:
"I am proud to say to you, throughout my 20-year career in the United States Senate, I have a 100% record on every resolution, on every vote, on every appropriation," he told several hundred seniors gathered for a morning rally at a retirement community in West Palm Beach. "On everything that has made a difference to Israel's qualitative military edge, I have been there and I will be there."

100%?

6/24/04 Concurrent resolution supporting Israel's disenagement plan
Did not vote
passed 95-3


*shrug*


Funny Quote of the Day:
"The hypothalamus is one of the most important parts of the brain,involved in many kinds of motivation, among other functions. Thehypothalamus controls the "Four F's":
1. fighting; 2. fleeing; 3.feeding; and 4. mating." -- Psychology professor in neuropsychology intro course