Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Palin Meets with Dr. Dobson

CNN reports this little tidbit at the end of the story.

I've been wondering if Dobson was going to swallow his pride and endorse McCain. In Feb. Dobson said he would not vote for McCain. I thought that the Palin pick might change all that.

I think after this meeting he will. I hope so. I don't think people realize how influential Dobson is in evangelical circles. Millions of people get his newsletters (I used to, but I haven't gotten one in while). The left and the media try to paint Dobson as a religious nut, but he is an highly educated intelligent faith filled man who has been an exemplary Christian his entire life.

He founded Focus on The Family, which is huge, with books, magazines, TV, and radio that deal with issues in all our lives based on a faith in God philosophy. He has never taken a salary from Focus on the Family.

Dobson has a doctorate in psychology and child development and has written several best selling child rearing books. I don't think I could have gotten through the early years with my 4 children without his books, "Dare to Discipline" and "The Strongwilled Child."

I say all this to first dispel the left's caricature of Dr. Dobson, and secondly to say how important his endorsement would be. He is a man of great integrity and honor. There is a reason Evangelicals look to him for guidance in the political realm. Presidents have asked him to serve on government advisory panels and he has testified at several government hearings.

His endorsement of McCain/Palin would bring out millions of Evangelicals for us. And we need Evangelicals to win.

I'll be waiting and hoping.