Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I was wrong.

In a earlier post I said that if mothers ran wars there would be no wars.
I was wrong because there are mother's like this:

"Scotland Yard police are questioning a husband and wife who allegedly planned to hide a liquid bomb in their baby's bottle to bring down an airliner.

They are among the 23 suspects arrested over the plot to blow up airliners headed for the United States in mid-flight.

Mr Keelty today expressed dismay at the alleged plan to use a child in a suicide mission.
"The phenomena of suicide bombings as a new way of taking part in terror attacks is in itself concerning, but to think or imagine that anybody would use an innocent child to join them is even more disconcerting," he said"


I wrote this in an earlier post called This Life:

"When I held my first son I thought "you can't even speak to me, you are helpless and messy and I have only seen you for a few hours, but my love for you is greater than any love I have ever known. How is this? I don't really even know you, yet I would throw myself in front of train this minute if it was to save you."

Where does this love come from? We love our parents, but they have taken care of us and loved us. We love our friends who stand by us. We love our spouses because we fell in love with them. But a baby has given us nothing to earn this love. Yet it is the largest love. It is a love that fills every nook and cranny of the heart. How do we explain it?"

I know there are a few exceptions, but most mothers feel the same way about their children. It is instinctive. Yet, this ideology of murder and terror that we are fighting overcomes that instinct. I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that this woman was willing to kill her baby in order to kill innocent people that don't fit into her worldview. It goes against every good and decent thing about humanity.

Are we getting this? Are. We. Getting. This. No amount of diplomacy, conversation, campfires, or U.N. resolutions are going to change these radical Islamic monster's mind. They want to kill us. Period. We have only two paths to take. Both equally important. First, we kill those trying to kill us. Second, we bring the idea of freedom, equality, and liberty to a people who have been brainwashed for far too long.

This will not be easy. This will not be without great sacrifice and pain. This we already know. Do we have the will to continue? Because leaving will only allow this cancer to grow. And I am not talking about staying in Iraq. We need to stay in the region, not only militarily, but in a hundred other ways. We need to continue to build schools and hospitals. We need people of all faiths to go into the region and share our different views of faith. We need to educate people on the greatness of liberty. We need to open minds stuck in the middle ages.

They need to know us. And we need to know them.



crossposted at RWS