Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Reluctant or undecided McCain supporters...listen up.

Even if you are one of those conservatives mad at McCain for a variety of things (and we all know what they are), I will give you one very very good reason to not sit out this election.

Do you want the country to go through the ridiculous process, politics, money, and hand wringing rhetoric of the left and a new Attorney General prosecuting officials of a former Bush administration on issues of torture and other potential crimes (illegal war!)??????

Because that, my friends, is exactly what you will get with President Obama (and maybe even President Hillary)

Oh, I'm not speculating here. Here is what Obama said:

What I would want to do is to have my Justice Department and my Attorney General immediately review the information that's already there and to find out are there inquiries that need to be pursued. I can't prejudge that because we don't have access to all the material right now. I think that you are right, if crimes have been committed, they should be investigated.

He went on to say he wouldn't want his first term consumed by the investigations, but who are we kidding here? It would be a long and drawn out partisan witch hunt and we all know that.

So, you reluctant ones can sit home, but I don't think you will enjoy the show that follows.