Wednesday, March 22, 2006

When I get to it...

I am going to post on reading Ann Coulter's book "How to Talk To A Liberal (if you must)." I started reading it at my Mom's and haven't gotten back to it. I have a terrible cold. It is driving me crazy. I did want to mention something at the beginning of the book though.

As everyone here knows I have a thing about PERSONAL behavior. Politics is one thing, but how you act in your own personal life is really what defines you as a person. People can get angry over issues and policies but at the end of the day I want to know what kind of person you are. (Please save me your whining over how AWFUL Ann is, you don't know her and neither do I)

Anyway, remember when Bush first took office and the stories went around about the Clinton staffers vandalizing the offices? I heard they took off all the "W's" in the keyboards. Well, that seemed childish to me, but what could you really expect from those guys after all. Bush just brushed it off in his usual nice way. I read in Ann's book that the accounting office shows that the Clinton staffers did $15,000 worth of damage to the white house offices.

$15,000!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just couldn't believe it!!! It's like they were some punk rock band trashing a hotel room! How....redneck can you get????? These guys are suppose to be ladies and gentlemen. They are suppose to be professionals. There is just no excuse for that kind of behavior.

Am I the only one appalled by this? It shows the utter lack of class those people had. I cannot believe that it was just brushed under the rug. It might seem like a little thing to most of you, but to me something like that tells me all I need to know about someone.

I had to get that off my chest. Now, if I could only get this cold off of it.

Update: In an effort to dispute this, jandrew looked up the report from the incidents Ann mentioned in her book and in fact confirmed all that Ann Coulter said. A Summary of damages is on page 2. A listing of costs is in there too. They could never arrest anyone in trashing our White House, which is a national treasure, because no one would admit to it and the Bush administration would not seek damages. This report just proves to me what trashy people these guys were.