Sunday, March 19, 2006

One Last Post

Was just sent this joke by a friend:

The Barber

One day a florist goes to a barber for a haircut. After the cut he asked about his bill and the barber replies: "I'm sorry, I cannot accept money from you; I'm doing community service this week." The florist is pleased and leaves the shop. Next morning when the barber goes to open there is a thank you card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door. Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he goes to pay his bill the barber again replies: "I'm sorry, I cannot accept money from you; I'm doing community service this week." The cop is happy and leaves the shop. Next morning when the barber goes to open up there is a thank you card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Later, a Republican comes in for a haircut, and when he goes to pay his bill the barber again replies: "I'm sorry, I cannot accept money from you; I'm doing community service this week." The Republican is very happy and leaves the shop. The next morning when the barber goes to open, there is a thank you card and a dozen different books such as "How to Improve Your Business" and "Becoming More Successful."

Then a Democrat comes in for a haircut, and when he goes to pay his bill the barber again replies: "I'm sorry, I cannot accept money from you; I'm doing community service this week." The Democrat is very happy and leaves the shop. The next morning when the barber goes to open up, there are a dozen Democrats lined up waiting for a free haircut.

And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the right and the left.

Update:

Same friend sent me a joke for the Dem's amusement:

George W. Bush and a secret service agent are taking a stroll whenthey come upon a little girl carrying a basket with a blanketover it.
Curious, Bush asks the girl, "What's in the basket?"
She replies, "New baby kittens," and she opens the basket toshow him.
"How nice," says Bush. "What kind are they?"
The little girl says, "Republicans."
Bush smiles, pats the little girl on the head and continues on.
Three weeks later, Bush is taking another stroll, this timewith Karl Rove. They see the little girl again with the same basket.
Bush says, "Watch this, Karl --- it's really cute."

Theyapproach the little girl. Bush greets her and asks how the kittens aredoing, and she says, "Fine."
Then, smirking, he nudges Rove with his elbow and asks thelittle girl, "And can you tell us what kind of kittens they are?"
She replies, "Democrats."
Aghast, Bush says, "But three weeks ago you said they wereRepublicans!"
"I know," she says. "But now their eyes are open."