Thursday, October 02, 2008

Palin/Biden

I'm having "one of those weeks." If my blogging seems sluggish, that is why. Don't even ask.

I'm really looking forward to the debate tonight. I'm not sure if I will have a chat up or direct you to where I am, but check back.

I'm not all that bothered by Gwen Ifill writing a book about Obama. All of these moderators are for Obama and nothing is going to change that. We can't change the media, we have to work around them.

I do find it interesting that Biden "embellishing" about about his helicopter being "forced down" in Afghanistan. isn't getting the attention it deserves.

At a Sept. 9, fundraiser, Biden addressed his national security credentials by talking about "the superhighway of terror between Pakistan and Afghanistan where my helicopter was forced down. John McCain wants to know where bin Laden and the gates of Hell are? I can tell him where. That's where Al Qaida is. That's where bin Laden is."

The truth is that snow, not Afghan extremists, forced the helicopter down. And as just a side note, McCain doesn't want to know where the gates of hell are.

Hillary got slammed over and over for her "Bosnia under fire" story, but I haven't even heard this story on the T.V. news about good ole Joe. Add this to the gaffes Biden has made just since he was picked for V.P. and you have someone who makes more gaffes in a week than Bush does in a year. But it's Palin that SNL makes fun of, of course.

I didn't watch the Palin/Couric interview because I literally can't stand to look at or listen to Katie Couric, (and apparently a lot of Americans feel the same way since her ratings couldn't be lower) but my lefty commenters told me Palin did terrible. But I have seen excerpts and I don't see that at all.

Couric seemed to ask questions that I don't think any other V.P. pick would have been asked about. She certaintly didn't ask Biden these questions. Questions about votes or decisions that McCain made in his 20 yr career in the Senate and about which Supreme Court decisions she disagrees with. Other than Roe, I can't name any by name, can you? Couric is the worst of the bunch as far as being petty, liberal, bitter, with a huge hidden agenda. Palin was going to be sliced and diced no matter what. Would or has Biden or Obama been grilled and grilled about abortion like that? Even though their positions are as "extreme" in the other direction? Of course not. Obama will never be asked about his statement that letting a baby born alive during a botched abortion would "burden the original decision." He was basically saying that a born baby should die because letting it live would burden the decision made by the mother. If that isn't extreme, I don't know what is. But the media lets that go. Biden would and has never been asked exactly what Obama did as a community organizer or Obama's worst or best votes as a Senator. These interviews are suppose to be about the issues, not trying to find a question you hope they can't answer.

Palin did wonderful in what I saw, and I can't wait for her to make Biden seem like the blowhard Uncle at Thanksgiving that laughs too loud and brags about everything until everyone is rolling their eyes at each other.