Friday, October 12, 2007

Gore Awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

I think we have all gotten used to this award being handed out to prominent liberals:

"The Norwegian Nobel Committee characterized Gore as "the single individual who has done most" to convince world governments and leaders that climate change is real, is caused by human activity, and poses a grave threat."

That is true. He has done that. You may have noticed that I don't blog on the global warming debate. I don't blog on it because there are too many confusing voices and I don't trust any of them either way.

But the shame of this award is that although Gore has done more in a PR sense to convince people about global warming, he has also been the biggest hypocrite on this issue as well. He encourages us all to take measures to conserve energy while he lives an elite lifestyle of private jets, multiple houses, and many cars.

I don't have to agree with someone to respect them. Just show me that you truly believe in what you believe and live your life reflecting those values, and I can respect you. Gore could have earned some respect from me by living a life that served as an example of conserving energy. If he had flown commercial or downscaled his home (especially since only two people live there). If he had always implented energy saving devices before he was asked to do "An Inconvient Truth." All those things would have convinced me of at least his dedication to saving the environment.

Finally, many have discovered serious errors in Gore's movies and they never seem to be addressed in the media.