Thursday, April 27, 2006

Ugh.


Pardon the word I never allow here. This is unacceptable. Michelle has the details on this.

"Vandals staged attacks early Wednesday on the buildings used by the Reserve Officers' Training Corps at N.C. State University and UNC-Chapel Hill, echoing similar assaults on three Triangle recruiting stations last month.
As before, vandals sprayed anti-war slogans and profanity, splashed red paint and claimed responsibility with a mass e-mail message to area media outlets.
Lt. Col. Carol Ann Redfield of the Army ROTC program at N.C. State was caught off guard. "This is the first time I know of that anything like this has happened here," she said. "I certainly appreciate that people have different opinions, and they should be able to express them, but I have a problem when they damage property."


I realize that these people don't represent mainstream democrats, but maybe it's time for mainstream democrats to start loudly condemning these kinds of things.